DATA MANAGEMENT & SECURITY
Data management and information security go hand-in-hand. Here are some simple questions you can ask yourself:
- Do you know what data your company has and who has access to it?
- Can your receptionist see your bank balance?
- Can a salesperson download all of your customer data and take it to a competitor?
- Could a person outside your organisation steal your data easily?
- Do you have your data backed up in a secure location?
- Have you ever checked to see if your backup data can be restored?
Just as your business is unique, a one-size-fits-all solution for information security would not suffice. There are three core principles we follow when reviewing your business and taking action – consistency, completeness and (most importantly) a risk-based approach. You should have no exceptions to your policy – the IT Administrator or Senior Manager shouldn’t be allowed to use USB keys because he/she “knows better” – be consistent. If implementing a secure perimeter, you need to protect yourself also against insider threats – be complete. Deal with your top risks first, even if it appears that you have some quick wins – be risk-oriented.
We will look at your busines in detail, covering physical data security, employee awareness, firewall and outside threat protection, network security and backups.
Key Benefits to Your Business
- Your business data will be more secure and safe
- Your most critical data will be accessed faster and more securely
- Collaboration, decision making and sharing will be improved
- Gain more value from information through its lifecycle
- Reduce costs and more effective risk management